Your Survival Gifts have saved and transformed lives
Last year Canadians enabled UNICEF to deliver life-saving supplies to children, families and communities in need all over the world, with each Survival Gift purchase.
Here are some of the vital gifts purchased by UNICEF Canada supporters:
- Thousands of bed nets that will protect over 41,000 people in danger of contracting malaria
- Enough vaccines to inoculate more than 82,000 children against polio and tetanus and over 93,000 children against measles
- 500,000 pencils, 23,000 exercise books and 14,000 storybooks, providing education to those children in the most difficult and desperate situations
- Communities were forever changed by the installation of over 640 water pumps, providing access to fresh water.
- Millions of water purification tablets were distributed to children and families, preventing unnecessary deaths from waterborne illnesses
- More than 58,000 packets of Plumpy’Nut to provide malnourished children with critical treatment
- 41,900 glasses of therapeutic milk provided essential vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals for starving children
- Over 7,000 soccer balls and almost 70,000 notebooks – allowing children to heal through active and imaginative play.
- Over 25,800 oral rehydration salts, over 9,000 measles vaccines and thousands of other vaccines, blankets and water purification tablets allowing UNICEF to reach the children who are the victims of war and disaster.
Whether you received or purchased a life saving Survival Gift this year, know that you have enabled the gift of survival to reach those who need it the most. Thank you for your support. We look forward to saving even more lives in 2014.