Legacy Giving in Canada DRAFT
We The Generation
Look back through the decades with your personalized timeline
You are the generation that understands that incredible things are possible.
We invite you to take a trip down memory lane with us. Remember some of the most iconic moments in history. Make your own personalized video timeline that takes a nostalgic look through the decades. See yourself in these life-changing moments and remember the power we have to make the world a better place.
Your legacy ensures that hope endures
Whether you find UNICEF’s life-saving work during emergencies, immunization against preventable disease, access to equality in education, or all programs compelling, leaving a legacy gift through your Will may be one of your easiest and most fulfilling gifts you will ever make.
Donors trust UNICEF’s long history of creating positive change for children. Every legacy donation we receive - large or small – is put to work helping children and their families. With more than 70 years of experience, UNICEF works to ensure that all children are provided for and none are forgotten. UNICEF has saved more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization – and with your legacy gift, you will be part of this ongoing work for children.
Please send me UNICEF Canada’s free legacy giving brochure
Leaving a gift
By leaving a gift in your Will to UNICEF Canada, you can help us give tomorrow’s generation the chance to grow up safe, happy and healthy.
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Leave a legacy gift in your will
Ensuring hope for children through a charitable bequest in your Will.
You have the power to bring about lasting changes that save lives and create opportunity for those who need it most. By choosing to name UNICEF Canada as a beneficiary in your Will, you help to create a brighter future for the world’s children.
Types of charitable bequests to consider as your legacy
- A GENERAL BEQUEST allows for an outright gift of a specific dollar amount, asset or fixed percentage of one’s overall estate value.
- A SPECIFIC BEQUEST allows for particular item or property to be bequeathed in support of children.
- A RESIDUAL BEQUEST allows for the residue portion of assets to be donated after other specific wishes are taken care of.
- A CONTINGENCY BEQUEST allows for a portion of an estate to be gifted only after a change in circumstances occurs, whereby all other original named beneficiaries do not survive.
What if I already have a will?
If you have already written a Will, it is a simple process to revise it to include a legacy bequest to UNICEF Canada. Depending on the changes that you would like to make, it may be possible to use a codicil to make your amendments. It is advised that you speak to your lawyer on the best course for action to take.
2. Other legacy giving options
Select a legacy giving option:
- Life insurance
- Retirement assets
- Charitable remainder trusts (CRT)
- Reinsured charitable gift annuities
- Gifts of securities
Thank you for considering leaving a legacy gift in your Will to UNICEF Canada. Through your estate plans, the decision you make today can shape an even brighter future for the world’s most vulnerable children for generations to come.