Donor Promise to Children's Aid
UNICEF Canada places a high value on transparency and accountability to all of our donors. Our promise to you is that our commitment to children's aid around the world is matched with strong financial controls to ensure the money we collect serves the world’s most vulnerable children.
To ensure that donors of UNICEF Canada have confidence in our organization and its appeals for funds, the following donors’ rights are recognized:
- To be treated professionally and with respect at all times
- To trust that UNICEF Canada has used your children's aid donation towards the purpose for which it was given
- To receive appropriate thanks and recognition
- To have the right to remain anonymous
- To receive, upon request, all published financial statements
- To know that complaints will be taken seriously and handled promptly
- To know whether an individual soliciting funds is a volunteer, an employee or hired solicitor
- To request that their name not be exchanged for fundraising purposes or choose to be excluded from any future solicitations
UNICEF Canada is proud to be a member of Imagine Canada.