Be a hero for children in need this Halloween. We’re calling on Canadian kids and families to turn their trick-or-treating steps into a walk-a-thon.
Halloween may look different this year, but the spirit is alive. No matter how you’re celebrating, you can be a Halloween Hero and “walk-a-thon” your way!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A UNICEF HALLOWEEN HERO?
UNICEF Halloween Heroes defend every child’s right to a childhood. When you walk for UNICEF Canada, you’re a hero for the world’s most vulnerable children. The money you raise will provide the essentials every kid needs to grow up safe and healthy: food, water, education and health care.
Halloween Heroes who sign up by October 9th will receive a fun walk-a-thon package in the mail with your exclusive Halloween Hero Card in time for Halloween. Registrations made up to October 18th will be mailed a walk-a-thon package, but we cannot guarantee delivery before Halloween.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SIGN UP?
- You can register your child, whole family, or sign up with friends in your social bubble. Click here to register.
- Decide how you want to walk your walk-a-thon. We’ve got oodles of fun ideas. See here.
- Get friends, family and neighbours to sponsor your walk.
- Then strut your spooky stuff, walking your hood for UNICEF Canada.
Now’s the time to spread some hair-raising joy to your community, and be the hero the world’s children need this Halloween. Every step and every dollar makes a real difference.
Join the UNICEF Halloween Walk-a-thon today!
FUN WALK-A-THON IDEAS
- Challenge your family to walk a kilometre every day in October.
- Register with friends in your bubble and plan a physically-distanced walk-a-thon parade. Brainstorm a creative group costume.
- Pick fun walking goals for every day of the week leading up to Halloween. (E.g. Skip down your street on Monday, dance around the block on Tuesday, etc.) And have a costume walk on Halloween!
- Discover your city by planning a few walks in different neighbourhoods throughout the Halloween season.
Want more fun walk-a-thon ideas? Download the full list of ideas here.